Weight Loss in Delhi NCR
Weight Loss in Delhi NCR! Are you looking weight loss doctor in Delhi NCR? Meet the Dr. Arun Bhardwaj best weight loss doctor he is a very knowledgable and experienced doctor. He has done many successful treatments of weight loss problems.
He has done MBBS, MS, DNB (Surgery), FNB (Minimal Access Surgery) FIAGES, MRCS ENGLAND
He is currently Consultant Surgeon in the Department of General, laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery at Max Hospital, Shalimar Bagh and Max Hospital, Pitampura, New Delhi. The Department is rated one of the best in Delhi and NCR for Clinical and Academic excellence.
Weight Loss Surgery
Obesity has attained the status of a global pandemic and is now the 5th leading cause of deaths worldwide. At least 2.8 million adults lose their lives each year as a result of obesity-related illnesses.
Obesity is associated with a gamut of medical illnesses namely diabetes, blood pressure, heart diseases, thyroid disorders, Joint pain, fertility disorders, etc.
Types of Weight Loss Surgery
1. Bariatric Surgery- Bariatric or metabolic surgery is a permanent solution for weight loss that also aims at treating the medical problems associated with obesity.
It has excellent results in complete resolution of diabetes in most patients and results in significant improvement for that dependant on high dose insulin.
It helps to improve arthritis, HTN, thyroid and sleep disorders and increases the chance of conceiving in infertile patients.
The National Institute of Health guidelines advises bariatric surgery in an adult with a BMI ≥40 or BMI ≥35 with a serious health problem linked to obesity Read More…
2. Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy- Reshaping stomach into a tube or “sleeve”, the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy is a weight loss surgery in which a trained bariatric surgeon removes approximately 85% of the stomach. In this procedure, the function of the stomach is preserved by not altering the nerves of the stomach and the outlet valve.
The stomach is divided along its vertical length in order to create a slender space for food to pass & removing the excess stomach. The aim is to restrict the amount of food ingested at any given time, without altering the normal absorption of the vitamins and minerals Read More…
3. Laparoscopic Roux- ENY Gastric Bypass- This is the current gold standard obesity surgical procedure. Since its inception in the 1970s, it has stood the test of time and is a standard for comparison of other procedures.
It is the most effective procedure for resolution of diabetes, sleep apnoea and control of hypertension. Currently, it is being studied as a purely metabolic procedure for curing diabetes even in non-morbidly-obese Read More…
4. Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass- Mini-gastric bypass, or single anastomosis gastric bypass, is an effective and well-established procedure which combines some of the properties of a gastric sleeve and a standard gastric bypass. The upper part of the stomach is divided into a tube and then joined to a loop of intestine.
The mini-gastric bypass can be used as a primary weight loss procedure. It can also be used in patients who have had previous gastric banding or sleeve surgery but have been unsuccessful with weight loss, or who have had band-related complications and have decided on revision surgery Read More…
5. Revision Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery- As numbers of weight loss surgeries are increasing every year, there are growing numbers of cases where patients don’t achieve satisfactory weight loss from their bariatric surgeries. Revision bariatric surgery is the option to convert the unsuccessful procedure to match patient expectations.
Revision Bariatric Surgery is associated with a higher risk of preoperative complications compared with the primary procedures, although it appears to be safe and effective when performed in experienced surgeons and high volume centers. Dr. Arun Bhardwaj has the expertise and experience of Revision Bariatric procedures by Laparoscopy Read More…
6. Body Contouring And Liposuction- For patients who are not very obese and need body contouring in resistant fat pockets like love handles and flanks or pooch, can approach our plastic surgeon who can offer them a beautiful shape with Liposuction and or Fat grafting.
Post-bariatric or post-pregnancy loose skin in the abdomen can be contoured to the beautiful flat abdomen by our plastic surgeon Read More…
For More About Weight Loss in Delhi NCR, You Can Reach Directly To
Dr. Arun Bhardwaj at +91-8506856072, 9716972820